



So, a week late but worth the wait! At 41 weeks, I was admitted to the hospital for inducement because Charlotte just wasn't ready to come out. My mom, Greg and I checked in at 8am and found out that I was having contractions 5 minutes apart and was already dialted to 3cm (which was news to me, because I wasn't feeling ANY of the contractions). At 11am they came in to start the inducement by giving me Pitocin and a couple of hours later when I reached 6cm I really started to get uncomfortable with the contractions so opted to go with the Epidural to ease the pain. I gotta say, thank god for anti-naseau drugs!!! Ended up getting 2 shots in the IV of that stuff and thank god cause who wants to vomit while trying to push a baby out! :) By 6pm the Dr. said I was fully dialated and ready to start pushing. It took a good hour and 1/2 of pushing and wasn't too bad in the beginning but by the last 3 tries of pushing I was spent and about to ask for a break when Charlotte decided to give her mama a break and popped out! Daddy got to cut the cord. Charlotte was born 9/2/09 7:38pm and weighed 6 lbs 4.2 oz and 19 in. She was so alert and stayed awake for a couple of hours. After my shakes from all the hormones went away I finally got to nurse her and she took right to it and hasn't stopped since. Charlotte is quite the little lady and has such a sweet disposition. Greg and I are so IN LOVE with her and can't wait for all the "firsts" to come our way.

No comments:
Post a Comment